Thursday, August 12, 2010

DWF-Part 2 (Warning- NOT PG!)

(DWF=Dating While Fat for those who didn't read my earlier blog on it!)

Saturday night, I had a very traumatizing experience while on a date. Before I get to it, though, let me tell you some background info: M had added me on Facebook a few months ago, and I accepted it because we had a ton of friends in common and I figured I just wasn't remembering him from high school. Last Tuesday night, he emailed me via Facebook and we started chatting. That led to phone calls and text messages. I knew he was a big flirt, but thought he was pretty harmless. We wound up making plans to go out on Saturday night.

Now that you're up to speed, let me tell you about the date. It started out fine, or so I thought. He kissed me on the lips before I had a chance to stop him, though, and that should've been a red flag right there. When I informed him that I don't kiss guys on the first date, he told me to just consider it a friendly kiss then. Whaattt? Last time I checked I don't go around kissing guy friends. Anyhoo, he took me to dinner and then we decided to go back to my condo and just relax with a couple of beers. Almost immediately he tried to get me to sleep with him! I was appalled, needless to say. Has our society become THAT slutty that a guy expects sex on the first date? What amazes me is that he had the gall to even ask after I told him I don't even kiss guys on the first date. Did he expect me to jump into bed with him, thinking that sure, sex on a first date is fine but kissing is DEFINITELY not?!

Too often, in my opinion, guys think that bigger girls must be desperate and therefore will sleep with any and everyone. Sorry, not this one. It's MY body and I choose who I do and do not sleep with. I'm not a prude, mind you, but I consider sex to be little more personal, and I'd prefer to know a guy a bit longer than a week before I sleep with him. M left when I went upstairs to use the restroom because I wouldn't go upstairs to my room with him. How mature, right? I did text him and tell him basically that I couldn't believe he left the way he did, and he texted me back that he was sorry, and he respected my decision to not sleep with him, but he's never been turned down before and expects sex on the first date. Wow someone's full of themselves! There's a first time for everything, and I'm proud to be the first chick to put a little dent in M's overinflated ego!

I will give M a little credit-he did email me the next morning and apologize for his actions. He told me that I'm going to make some guy very happy one day. I have no doubt in my mind that I will, but I have to wonder if there truly are any nice guys left who DON'T expect so much on a first date...if you happen to find one, throw him my way!

1 comment: