Saturday, August 21, 2010

Working Woman:)

I know my last post wasn't exactly weight-related, but it made me reflect back on how much I've changed, so I'm going to kind of continue that theme with this post (at least for part of it!).

I am now at the weight I was 2 1/2 years ago. I realized that the other day. The only differences between then and now is 1-I lost it by pretty much not eating anything, and 2-clothing fits much differently. When I previously weighed what I do now, my grandmother had just passed away, and I didn't feel like doing anything, let alone eating. When I did start eating again, the weight came right back. I could kick myself now for not using that as a springboard to lose more...sigh.

I finally am down 32lbs., though, so that's a "yay!" moment for me. I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning when I see that I've went down a pound or so. I'm not as far along as I'd like to be in terms of weight loss, but I know that slow and steady is the way to go. My goal this week is to work out every single day. I have been really slacking on that lately, but no more. For some reason, I've been lacking motivation. Maybe I need to try on my skinny jeans more often...who knows?

I did get a job this week! It's just part-time; I'll be working all the home (UGA) football games as a supervisor in food services. Before, I would never have imagined myself doing such a physical job (I'll be on my feet and going non-stop for 12+ hours), but now I have no doubt that I'll be able to do it. I have training all afternoon next Saturday, and I'm actually excited about it! I'm hoping to make new friends and also gain some valuable work experience to add to my resume.


I wish I had more good news to put on here...seems like lately I don't have much to say, but hopefully that'll change soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment