Saturday, July 17, 2010

Such a slacker...and a shopper

Last week was a challenge for me. A friend from college was in town visiting with me Monday through Friday, and thus my whole "routine" got thrown for quite a loop. I didn't exercise AT ALL:(. Major slacker, I know. We did walk around a lot in stores, but I didn't get the feeling I get from a good run or or weight session. We stayed at the pool each day for a few hours and frankly, that was my time to relax, not worry about my weight. The one place I really stuck to my goals was with eating. I had my normal breakfast each morning, and then we mainly ate out for lunch and dinner. I did cook a few times (turkey burgers one night, grilled rosemary-balsamic chicken another night, and grilled chicken on Friday before S left), but it was nice to take a break from cooking and let someone else handle it. I was able to find semi-healthy (some stuff was REALLY healthy, though!) food wherever we ate. I had grilled shrimp twice (Applebee's and Gnat's Landing), and though I used to hate it, I've fallen back in love with it! It's so low in both fat and calories, and the little kid in me thinks it's pretty fun to eat as well:). I did splurge a few times-I had corn bread muffins (yes, with an "s" on the end...1 1/2 to be more exact) at Cracker Barrel, white rice at Applebee's (but it came with the low-cal meal), and white bread (the hoagie at Gnat's for my grilled shrimp po'boy). Could I have eaten better? Sure. I live by the whole 80/20 rule, though; as long as I'm eating well 80% of the time, 20% of the time it's okay to live a little and have something somewhat "forbidden." Hell, I even had a biscuit last night at Red Lobster, and let me just tell you, it was worth every gram of fat (8g, according to their website) and calorie (150 of those babies) in it! Regardless, I didn't gain any weight back (just maintained), so that's a major plus in my eyes!

Kind of switching topics, but I now have something to work extra-hard for this fall; a new dress to wear to my grandfather's wedding! He and his lovely fiancee are getting married October 23, and I want to lose as much weight as possible before then. My mom and went shopping today (our favorite activity, so it seems haha), and while I saw several cute dresses, I couldn't commit to one quite yet. I won't even commit to a new pair of jeans at this point, because I'm hoping that by the time I get ready to wear them (for this hot-natured chick, it'll be November!), I'll be down a few sizes. I'm so picky about jeans because I have no hips nor a big ass, and therefore most jeans just don't fit right. It's so discouraging to go into a dressing room and think something's going to fit just right, and it's either too tight or too loose. It's almost like I'm between sizes right now. I did get a few cute new things today (if you love the GAP, they have 40% off sale merchandise right now!), but I try to buy it slightly snug so I can get more use out of it. My mom is a size 6-8, so I'm hoping to be down to that size (IF my body so allows) by the end of next summer. It sure would be sweet to be able to share clothing with her! Yes, I said it-my mom wears adorable stuff sometimes, and that way I could justify paying $54 for a shirt at Loft:). Right now, I'm relegated to the sales rack...sigh.

2 comments:

  1. In the grand scheme of things you had a vacation week and didn't go + anything, so you should be super duper proud! October is a great goal month. I am sure you will find that super cute, super small dress just in time for that super special wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:)...October is SUCH wonderful month indeed-bring on UGA football!

    ReplyDelete