Monday, July 26, 2010

30 Down!

I'm FINALLY down 30lbs. It only took what, 3-ish months?! I guess I shouldn't be complaining since I'm doing it the "right way" versus some crash diet. I finally took my measurements this morning as well. Thanks to my genetics, my hips and waist are within an inch of being the same exact measurement...so not thrilled about that. I claim to be "curvy" but in reality I'm built like a chubby teen boy (including the boobs, except I happen to think I have nice ones!). How appealing does that sound? ha. Yesterday (Sunday) I, along with my mom, began Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I hadn't worked out in 2 weeks (Sarah was here for a week and then I was sick/had my period...yuck), so I was slightly rusty. If you're not familiar with the Shred, it's a 20ish minute workout dvd that has you doing 3 six minute circuits consisting of 3 minutes of strength exercises, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ab work (plus a warm-up/cool down). Michaels claims that you can lose up to 20lbs. in 30 days...we'll see! Earlier in the day, I had decided I was beyond my 3lb. hand weights and needed to go up to 5lbs. Yeah freaking right. By the end of the workout, I was drenched in sweat and my arms and legs felt like Jello, plus I was panting like a dog. My mom kept yelling at Jillian to shut up-THAT would've been hilarious had I not been in pain and out of breath. Climbing up and down our stairs last night and this morning was pretty much torture. However, seeing the scale go down another lb. was totally worth all that sweat and pain! I am going to try and hit 70lbs. total lost by Oct. 23, but I'm not sure if that's all that realistic or not. To all the people who are encouraging me, you have no idea how much it means to me, and it keeps me motivated, so a great big THANK YOU to you:).

No comments:

Post a Comment